If you are done with being a highly educated & ridiculously skilled immigrant professional who keeps failing at getting a job in the US, you are in the right place.
Have you ever told yourself…
- “I can’t get a job because English isn’t my first language”
- “I keep getting rejected because I don’t have work experience in America.”
- “Companies don’t want me because of my visa status.”
I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND.
Because I’ve been right where you are right now, and I’ve helped clients in YOUR exact same situation land their dream jobs, DESPITE ALL OF THE ABOVE!
I’ve done a few cool things in my life, including:
- I’ve helped my software developer client negotiate a $115,000 raise via text from my Vegas hotel room during a business conference break
- I’ve coached my client to completely transition fields, from social media to UX design with ZERO experience just in 10 weeks
- One of my clients was rejected from 15 consecutive job interviews, and after a 3 hour interview session with me got a job within 2 weeks.
Because I believe that no matter what your English sounds like,
No matter what country you are from,
No matter how little or much experience you have,
YOU CAN LAND YOUR AMERICAN DREAM JOB.
Why am I so passionate about helping immigrants land their dream jobs in the US?
16 years ago, I came to the US not knowing a word of English–I only knew how to shake and nod.
I was the ONLY immigrant in the Catholic school I came to in the US, there were no ESL classes, I was held back a grade, and it was sink or swim time.
Within 2 years I skipped a grade and I made it to all honors and AP classes in high school, and went to UC Berkeley for college because I refuse to settle for anything but the best.
A month after graduation, I remember sitting on the floor of my apartment without a single job interview, thinking “What the hell happened?”
I decided it was again crunch time. I personally emailed 100 CEOs and got 90 rejections, 10 interviews, 2 offers, and accepted a job as a business analyst with zero experience and no internships during all 4 years of college (don’t try this at home).
After I was fired as a business analyst, I started a TOEFL teaching business, and in the process of helping my student improve, I was able to help him go from 1 year of unemployment to getting hired within 2 weeks at CVS.
This was a turning point for me as I realized–the reason why we come all the way across the globe to America is NOT to JUST learn English, but to truly create an American Success DREAM.
Since then, I’ve helped my clients achieve the following:
- Helped PhDs who didn’t want a job in academia get a job offer as a GIS developer for the government
- Interview coached a program manager client and within 3 weeks she landed a job offer
- Helped a client go straight out of school to get a $85,000 a year salary job as an optical engineer
And guess what? You can have this too.
On a less serious note, here are some fun facts about me:
- I taught a class on the rapper Nas’ first album, The Illmatic, in college (this is what you pay tuition for, folks)
- I’ve backpacked solo across Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, and Hong Kong when I was 22.
- I tried cat food once when I was 9 years old, just because (don’t do this)
- I absolutely love inappropriate animated cartoons, including but not limited to Archer and Bob’s Burgers.